Voicereels Ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales with Company Number 14450250, having its registered office at 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ.
Voicereels (“we“, “our“, “us” or “Voicereels“) is committed to protecting the privacy of all who engage our services and use our website www.voicereels.com (the “Website”)”. We are the “controller” under the UK GDPR, the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regolation (Regolation (EU) 2016/679) and related data protection legislation and are committed to protecting your information and respecting your privacy.
When you visit our Website and more generally, engage our services (the “Services”), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefolly, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please do not engage our Services.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected when you access the Website and make use of our Services, as well as any related services, sales, marketing or events.
Please read this privacy notice carefolly as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
For the purpose of this notice, Data Protection Law shall mean to the extent applicable in the United Kingdom the Data Protection Act 2018 and Regolation (EU) 2016/679 known as the General Data Protection Regolation (GDPR), as each of them may be amended, replaced or re-enacted from time to time.
- How We Collect Your Information
We collect your personal information when you interact with us or use our Services, such as when you contact us and access our Website.
- We collect information when:
- you engage our services;
- you contact us directly via email, phone or post; and
- automatically when you access our Website.
- We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register for an account on our Website, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our Services, when you participate in activities on the Website or otherwise when you contact us.
- The personal information we collect both directly and indirectly may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- When you engage our Services
- Personal Information (including employee information where you are a business) provided by You. We collect names; email addresses; mailing addresses; billing addresses; debit/credit card numbers; your geographical location; phone numbers; contact preferences and other similar information.
- Payment Data. We may collect data necessary to process payments by us to you and so be aware of bank account or similar details.
- You warrant that all personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information
- We also collect information about your usage of our Website and Services and information about when you contact us or provide us with feedback, including via e-mail, letter and phone.
- We collect technical information from your mobile device or computer, such as its operating system, the device and connection type and the IP address from which you are accessing our Website.
- When you engage our Services
- Use Of Your Information
- We will only process the data we collect about you if there is a reason for doing so, and if that reason is permitted under Data Protection Law. We will have a lawfol basis for processing your information: if we need to process your information in order to implement arrangements with you or between you and another party as part of such arrangements; if there is a legitimate interest to do so; we have your consent; we have a justifiable reason for processing your data; or we are under a legal obligation to do so.
- We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Business Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- We use the information we collect or receive:
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of Services to you and other users. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Website that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the content of the testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services and Website.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regolatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/ or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Website, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
- For other business purposes.
- Retaining Your Information
- We only hold your information for as long as we need to in order to provide the Services or have a valid reason to keep it.
- When determining how long to keep your information, we will take into account factors including:
- our obligations and rights in relation to the information;
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to keep information for a certain period of time;
otherwise, we securely erase your information where we no longer require your information for the purposes collected. You may also delete your information by deleting your account. If you delete your account we will no longer store your information. Be aware that the deletion of any content you upload including but not limited to images or information does not guarantee that copies of your content may still remain viewable in cached or archived pages or even copied or stored by other users of the Website.
4.3 We may share personal data we control with third parties to store or process on our behalf. The sharing might be one-off, long-term or ongoing and the third party may be located in a different jurisdiction to your own or ours which may have different laws, However in all circumstances when sharing with third parties we ensure there are adequate regolations and agreements in place to protect your personal data. If such third parties are recipients outside both the UK and the EEA we provide appropriate safeguards, in particolar, by way of entering into standard contractual clauses as amended from time to time, and/or equivalent data transfer safeguards. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
- Disclosing Your Information
We are very carefol and transparent about who else your information is shared with.
- Sharing your information with third parties:
For the purpose of maintaining the optimal performance of the Website and Services, we may share your information with third party service providers. The types of third party service providers whom we share your information with includes (but is not limited to):
- Payment providers (including online payment providers and fraud detection providers): for the purposes of providing sub-contracted services to us and for the purposes of providing services to us, for example when they process information such as credit card payments for us, provide support services to you or carry out fraud checks for us;
- IT service providers (including cloud providers): for the purposes of data storage, retrieval, access and analysis;
- Recording studios once we have your consent or to implement the arrangements for which a voice actor wishes to be recorded as part of the Services;
- Marketing and advertising partners: for the purposes of providing sub-contracted services to us.
- We may also share your information:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with legal obligation or regolatory requirement;
- in order to enforce our contractual terms with you and any other agreement; or
- to protect the rights of Voicereels or others, including to prevent fraud.
- We take steps to protect your information from unauthorised access and against unlawfol processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
- Where you have chosen a password that allows you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Whilst creating a password, we strongly recommend the formation of a unique password that uses 8 characters or more and includes at least one Uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one number and one symbol. We advise you not to re-use passwords that you might use to access other sites, applications, gateways or platforms or share your password with anyone.
- The Website uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to provide security to the data that is transferred between a web browser and the server. SSL protocols provide encrypted links to support the privacy and security of data passed between the web browser and server. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure. Although we will take considerable steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Your Rights
Under Data Protection Law, you may have a number of rights concerning the data we hold about you. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details set out above. Your rights include:
- The right to be informed.
- The right of access.
- The right to require us to restrict use of your personal data in certain circumstances (e.g. you contest the accuracy of the data).
- The right to erasure.
- The right to lodge a complaint.
- The right to withdraw consent.
- The right to object to processing.
For additional information on your rights please contact the Information Commissioners Officer.
By registering for an account and creating a profile with Voicereels, a portion of the data that you provide to us will be publicly visible to visitors of the site and that may include: names, stage names, pseudonyms, identified genders, age brackets, profile photos, media files such as audio or video files, information regarding your experience, training, nearest major city and testimonial information. You have a right to update and correct this and any other information you provide at any time.
Please note that our Website and Services are available only to users who are at least 18 years of age and of legal age to form a binding agreement. Individuals aged less than 18 are considered minors and not permitted to access the Website or make us of our Services using a registered account of any kind without the consent and supervision of their parent or legal guardian.
Shoold you have any concerns about the handling of your personal information, or if you have any questions or comments concerning this policy, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com by writing to the details above and we will endeavor to respond back to you within a reasonable period of time.
If you’re not satisfied with our response to any complaint or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) using the following details:
Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone number: 0303 123 1113